end of service with Verizon
mattie1391

I have had Verizon on and off for years now, after i paid another bill and kept receiving phone calls and emails about a past due amount in excess of what two months of my service should have cost I started looking into things a little closer. I agreed to a internet/phone bundle at $59.99 / month, not to include, taxes surcharges etc etc etc I understand that. However I was shocked to find out that the taxes and surcharges associated with my bill adds an additional 18-20 dollars a month..So what should have been costing me 54.00/month(-5.00 for Directv agreement) was actually costing me $75.00/month..So I had service for 13 months and had paid $811.07(62.39/moth) and still had a past due amount of 116.47 which apparently had to be paid immediately. I called customer service basically for clarification and to try to figure some of these surcharges that added 25% to my bill every month. The customer service rep was so condescending while explaining my bill I asked to speak with a manager. Well she asked why and how could I be displeased with her customer service and blah blah blah.... Well apparently there were no managers available so I had to wait for a return call. It only took a few minutes and a manger did in fact return y call, however she was just as equally condescending and in retrospect was most likely a friend or at least an acquaintance of the original representative. Well long story short I have cancelled my services with Verizon and cannot imagine a situation anytime in the future where I would utilize their services again. I understand the taxes and surcharges are out of their control but taxation in the equivalence of 25%(that's a complete quarter of the amount added to our bill every month) and then to have a condescending and snippy attitude with a customer, it was just too much to tolerate from a corporation I send thousands and thousand of dollars to over a lifetime of service. Truly disappointed and saddened that I could not find a respectful employee to at least say they understood my point of view at this company..So long Verizon, and good luck to anyone who deals with the "customer service" representative and "supervisors" that I had today! 

0 Likes
Re: end of service with Verizon
erkhardt

Oh I got one for ya too......

Where to start.....

Ok, I started with Verizon because I am a gamer, and I wanted flawless online gaming using FiOS. It was great, no issues, games were speedy with no lag. I had no problems in the 6 months I used this service. Keep in mind from here on out that I am a month to month customer also.

Four months ago, we moved to a more rural location, that ONLY has Verizon and BECO (the apartment management). Otherwise, you have to be bundled with something else, under contract, or have a limited data usage per month plan for any other ISP. We use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Redbox Instant, and I have an antenna to gather analog signals via VHF and UHF waves that are converted in my SmartTV. I ONLY need internet, but, for Verizon's DSL you NEED a phone number. Understandable. I was quoted 49.99 for bare bones phone services (I will not be using them anyway) and the up-to-3Mbps plan (which I have never seen attain these speeds). A bit excessive, but I need the internet. So, I switched from FiOS to DSL, big downgrade. It cost me 120 dollars to change the service. Wow. After the technician that came over and just 'tested' the DSL Line and gave me equipment where the initial fee was supposedly 'waived'. I knew it was too good to be true. That was lie number 1. Lie number two came today, going into the fourth month. The previous two payments were 49.99, as promised, but this month the site said on my account that i owed 96 bucks.    ?????

Double? For **bleep** DSL? ?? Really...
So I called, and the male agent said that Verizon did make a billing error, and that 13 dollars will be credited to my account. What had happened was.... "Verizon didn't actually charge you for internet," spoke the gentlemen. so now you owe 83 dollars, and after that it will jump to 65 per month. "Alright, thanks," says I, then I hang up and call again.

A female agent answers, and explains the same as above. But, her amount that I owe is 80 dollars, and she says that the fee for the DSL internet and phone is indeed 49.99, before taxes and surcharges (and the soul of your firstborn). So, it will come out to ......65 dollars. What taxes are they taking out? What are these surcharges? WHY ARE YOUR NUMBERS DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER REP? Its not my fault you guys screwed up your billing. I should not be held liable. This lady also retaliated to my escalating volume by doing the same. I am peeved because i am paying for your mistakes. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PEEVED?
I think her name was Nancy.

Also, I have had to reset the modem once every couple of weeks, it seems to like to stop talking to Verizon every so often. I am fortunate that I work in IT, so I can do it myself very easily. I did call an Indian call center the very first time, they said there were technical difficulties with the line after about an hour of investigating. The second call for the very same issue resulted in a simple reset of the modem. Why don't your people know about their own tech when they call themselves technicians?

Needless to say, i will not be negotiating or wasting my time further with this poor excuse for a company. Maybe they were once great, but now that they have expanded and become a dominant player, they have become lazy and uncaring. Goodbye Verizon. I will tell 50 others about this, and encourage each of them to tell 50 more. CHECK MY NUMBERS OUT: 1(ME) X 50 X 50 = 2,500 PEOPLE YOU MAY NEVER SEE.

Cody

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mattie1391,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi erkhardt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mattie1391,

We have closed your case, due to no response. It appears assistance was not required. Please feel free to make a new thread anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

erkhardt,

We haven't heard a response from you after multiple attempts to get more information concerning the issue. As such we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about the service please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate for you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes