got a netgear n300 router. trying to replace my d-link 2750b with it.
DJPlace

just don't know if it will work or not. if it does then how do i do it?

0 Likes
Re: got a netgear n300 router. trying to replace my d-link 2750b with it.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would recommend a RJ-45 WAN port router and putting the modem into bridge mode.

The RJ-45 WAN port router can either be hardware based (for example the Linksys E4200) or software based. While out of date (one or more is End of Life), for software based routers I point to https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/118897

0 Likes
DJPlace

seems too hard i would rather plug it in and see if would work but it does not my own router can not fit phone line thing...

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your D-Link is a DSL modem combo as it has what is called a RJ-11 (phone line) WAN port.

Your Netgear N300 is a RJ-45 WAN port router and It's WAN port must connect to your modem.

To avoid Double NAT (and other reasons) your modem combo should be in bridge mode.

0 Likes
Solarsails
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello.  Have you resolved this issue yet.  DSL-2750b can be a good device.  Are you running verizon firmware on it or D-link firmware.  It is a fairly simple process to connect your new router to the dsl modem.  Let me know if you need help.  Best regards.

0 Likes
Solarsails
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  The DSL-2750b is a modem/router.  The small phone cord will fit in one of the jacks on the DSL-2750b.

The netgear is only a router and not a modem, so you can't connect the DSL cord to the netgear. 

You can connect the netgear to the d-link and still have all of the benefits of the netgear.  There are several ways to do this.  The simplest is to go into the netgear and change the IP address to an address on your network not in use.  If you are a beginner then I recommend a high number that will not likely be used in the future, since they get recycled by the other devices on your network.... (below 250 and above 200)----  at the same time disable DHCP server on the netgear, apply the changes and then connect the netgear to the d-link with a standard network cable via the network ports (not the yellow (internet) port though, because that won't work for this setup. 

There are other ways, but it can get complicated for a beginner... 

But as described you will still need the D-Link, since it contains all the magic smoke for making your DSL connection.

0 Likes