high speed dsl
julma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have verizon dsl internet.  I do not want FIOS.  I have a verizon land line phone which I need for faxing.  My internet, electric bill and phone bill will increase with FIOS.  

I am disabled and need my fax machine and internet for paperwork and bills.

Back in Jan. or Feb. of this year, an agent insisted on signing me up to change to FIOS this July, and I was sent a battery package.  

They will not listen to me.  Verizon insists I must change, but I know that dsl internet is still in my area. 

Who can I get to help me with this and prevent verizon from taking my service from me?

I need someone to help me deal with this.  Thank you in advance.  Julia

0 Likes
Re: high speed dsl
jonjones1
Legend

@julma1 wrote:

I have verizon dsl internet.  I do not want FIOS.  I have a verizon land line phone which I need for faxing.  My internet, electric bill and phone bill will increase with FIOS.  

I am disabled and need my fax machine and internet for paperwork and bills.

Back in Jan. or Feb. of this year, an agent insisted on signing me up to change to FIOS this July, and I was sent a battery package.  

They will not listen to me.  Verizon insists I must change, but I know that dsl internet is still in my area. 

Who can I get to help me with this and prevent verizon from taking my service from me?

I need someone to help me deal with this.  Thank you in advance.  Julia

Unfortunately Verizon and other telephone companies are phasing out copper in favor of fiber optics and VoIP phone service. You can still fax over VoIP with a baud rate around 9600 and not above that.

i am sure the cost will increase for internet and phone service.

check with your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and see if a complaint to them can get you to keep what you have.

0 Likes
Re: high speed dsl
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi julma1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes