how to access routers set as wireless access point
kravvelocity
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have a router model MI424WR-GEN2 threw verizon, i have added 2 linksys wireless GB routers and set them up to only handle wireless connections and GB lan ...dhcp, firewall, nat on the linksys routers is turned off. right now everthing works from a networking stand point. the only thing im not able to do is access the linksys's firmware. i was able to do this with roadrunners router. is there something i need to set on the verizon router to be able to access the linksys's firmware or a diff setup??

verizon router is set to 192.168.1.1 (dhcp, nat, firewall turned on) wireless turned off

linksys

AP1 - 192.168.2.1 - wireless only

AP2 - 192.168.3.1 - wireless only

Thanks

Re: how to access routers set as wireless access point
android11
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're probably wired lan port(Verizon router) to wan port(linksys).
Connect it lan to lan.  Unplug the cable from the wan port of the linksys to one of it's lan
ports instead.

Configure each of the linksys routers to auto grab an ip from the dhcp of the verizon router.
Or assign a static to each if you prefer.

If you don't want to do that you have to create a static route table on the verizon router to
point to each of your linksys router's subnet if you turned of the NAT on the linksys.

Hope this works out for you.

Re: how to access routers set as wireless access point
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kravvelocity wrote:

i have a router model MI424WR-GEN2 threw verizon, i have added 2 linksys wireless GB routers and set them up to only handle wireless connections and GB lan ...dhcp, firewall, nat on the linksys routers is turned off. right now everthing works from a networking stand point. the only thing im not able to do is access the linksys's firmware. i was able to do this with roadrunners router. is there something i need to set on the verizon router to be able to access the linksys's firmware or a diff setup??

verizon router is set to 192.168.1.1 (dhcp, nat, firewall turned on) wireless turned off

linksys

AP1 - 192.168.2.1 - wireless only

AP2 - 192.168.3.1 - wireless only

Thanks

You need to access the admin pages for the linksys AP1 at 192.168.2.1 and the AP2 at 192.168.3.1 from a machine that is connected to the particular router.

You are correct to have lan ports of the Actiontec connected to the Wan ports of the 2 linksys, hopefully you did give each of the Linksys routers a static address on the 192.168.1 subnet.

If you're going to attempt to access the firmware on the linksys routers from a machine connected to the Actiontec you are going to have to build static routes that point to the linksys routers on it.

0 Likes