iPhone Does Not Show Up on My Fios
taylor

I have just set up a new iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and like many of my devices does not show up on my Fios at least not under its device name.  Verizon makes it impossible to control devices because of this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone Does Not Show Up on My Fios
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had this problem recently with my wife's iPhone, watch and iPad all displaying as unknown devices.  Had to turn off MAC Address Randomization on each then they all displayed correctly under network devices.

Google it for more info.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@taylor wrote:

Verizon makes it impossible to control devices because of this.

I would not make this blanket statement and hasty generalization. Even if the device does not show up for a while (which is normal as G3100 needs time to discover the host), you can identify the device's MAC address and use such to configure Access Control, wireless MAC authentication, DHCP reservation, and so on on G3100. myFios app takes even longer time to pull data from G3100 through the TR-069 backdoor. Why don't you manage the devices directly on G3100 admin interface?

Even let's say G3100 cannot discover your devices, what prevents you to add a layer 2+/3 network device after the G3100 to control the network traffic based on IP, MAC, or even DPS?

taylor

I can certainly make the blanket statement as the app does not work as advertised.  I shouldn’t need an engineering degree to see named devices in my devices list so then I can control accordingly.  The app is a massive failure.

0 Likes
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had this problem recently with my wife's iPhone, watch and iPad all displaying as unknown devices.  Had to turn off MAC Address Randomization on each then they all displayed correctly under network devices.

Google it for more info.

Hope this helps.