internet access requires frequent DLS modem rebooting
John23072
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do I have to reboot my modem every few hours to re-acquire internet access!?  This seems to be a common Verizon problem.  Hours with on-line tech support, a visit from a Verizon technician, a new DSL modem from Verizon, and running In-Home Agent haven't helped.  In-Home Agent found this problem that I should report to Verizon:

Could not load file or assembly 'LibIHS, Version=1.0.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.  An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format at Verizon.DataWizard.ServerLogger.getInstance()

at Verizon.DataWizard.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(Object sender, Unhandled ExceptionEventArgs e)

Could not load file or assembly 'LibIHS, Version=1.0.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.  An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format at Verizon.DataWizard.ServerLogger.getInstance()

at Verizon.DataWizard.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm hoping this site is monitored by a Verizon tech support agent that can properly interpret and handle the above message  and fix my poor internet access.  If this issue isn't resolved soon I'm definitely going to be looking for an alternate ISP.

Re: internet access requires frequent DSL modem rebooting
John23072
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me again with more info:

running Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1, and IE9, Intel Celeron CPU at 2.2 Ghz, 3 GB RAM, 64-bit OS

09/07/12 new DSL modem wireless router from Verizon

D-Link model # DSL 2750B

Shipped Firmware Version V2_1.44

S/N:  PX2M1C3036773

I just noticed that the In-Home Agent doesn't work with the D-Link DSL router.

Any assist greatly appreciated.

Re: internet access requires frequent DLS modem rebooting
meatschool17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my connection dropping out.  I have been fighting this since last December after almost 4 years of rock solid connectivity.   The folks in tech support have been next to useless.  They DID have a technician come to my house, and verify that the problem was on Verizon's side and not in my home.  This did not fix the problem, and my connection has continued to drop out repeatedly. 

Apparently, at some point, my issue was escalated and someone from a call center in Georgia contacted me regarding the issue.  I've since spoken to them several times, they have confirmed there's a problem at the CO, have reset my connection for me, and still... I have the same issue.

I dropped Verizon wireless already for the poor service and high prices I got there, and am fast approaching cancelling my landline and DSL service as well.  

John23072
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response, Meatschool 17.  I have had the same response Verizon.  I appreciated their efforts, but, as in your case, the problem persists.  I guess there's no help from Verizon here on this blog, either.

I think Verizon may be preparing to do away with the phone line wire to my house and go with some sort of wireless connection to the telephone pole.  Maybe this problem is being neglected while they focus efforts on this, which could possibly take care of it(?).  In the mean time I'll be looking for an alternative ISP.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you could supply your Transceiver statistics, that would be helpful. If you need help getting those, please tell us what modem you have and we'll see what we can do. I find the newer Westell modems tend to be problematic when the signal is marginal or shoddy.

0 Likes
John23072
Enthusiast - Level 2

My modem info is in the second post in this topic. 

I'm not sure how to the transeiver statistics.  Do I need a good WiFi signal strength to do this test?

Thanks for your help.

John

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotcha. Sorry about that for missing the mention of which modem was being used. To my knowledge, no one has managed to find and report the location of the Transceiver Statistics page on the D-Liink mode, so we'll need Verizon to grab the stats from the DSLAM, and while they're at it, check the logs on their end to see if the line is dropping out physucally, or is dropping out on another sense.