internet speeds issue when live streaming on twitch with xbox 360 due to router
kgould01

i am a new customer and the internet is not working properly. i cant even watch live streaming on twitch. it keeps loading. can somebody help me. this is what i was afraid of with getting verizon. also everytime my son tries to log in on his xbox 360 it doesnt connect to the internet. i have to reset the router everytime. if i dont reset the router i have to plug the ethernet wire from my ps4 and put in my xbox 360. please fix this problem. i have had nothing but problems for almost a month now.

0 Likes
Re: internet speeds issue when live streaming on twitch with xbox 360 due to router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What router are you using currently? What modem, if it's a separate unit from the router? Additionally, what speed do you pay for and what do you receive?

0 Likes
Re: internet speeds issue when live streaming on twitch with xbox 360 due to router
kgould01

the d link router/modem. thats the one they gave me. i pay for the highest speed they offer. i left comcast which i had excellent speed and verizon told me this mumbo jumbo that you dont share your internet with other ppl unlike comcast. well then my internet should be good then. well its not.

0 Likes
TrustMe1

Just curious what speed plan do you have?

also i have DSL and it sucks, read the post I'm about to make

0 Likes
kgould01

the highest one they offer

0 Likes
TrustMe1

Everyone who uses High Speed DSL, are able to upgrade to HS DSL enhanced. If you're told you can get 3.5mpbs, and you get below it, you're in the same boat as me and other people, they are on purpose holding your speed back, so you have two options.

#1 call sales and ask them to upgrade / make a new order for high speed dsl enhance which is 7mpbs to 15mpbs, once they do it, they will also do a line check to see what speeds you're able to get, if they say only 3mpbs, they're lying trust me. so just make it simple and tell them to the upgrade plan 7mpbs to 15mpbs, don't worry its the same price, so it won't go up. once the order is completed on that day, turn off your modem and computer, wait 5 mins turn it back on and do a speed test, if you're speed is the same, well they lied again, if the speed is below 7mpbs, well they lied again.

Now you could do what i did, keep calling them to death until you get a strainght answer, but i wouldn't advise that because the stress will build up, trust me. so

#2 switch to cable interet with another company if verzion doesn't have fios in the area.

hope things work out , but im moving to a different company with cable speed 50mpbs, sick of this verizion stuff

peace.

0 Likes
kgould01

i just left comcast after 13 years to come to verizon to get a cheaper bundle. i am not going back there. however verizon needs to step up there game because the internet speed is not satisfactory as they claim. am i gonna get some help here or not?

0 Likes
TrustMe1

My question to you, what speed are you getting right now with verzion dsl high speed?

also what plan/speed did you get with comcast?

and last, is verizion fios in your area?

0 Likes
kgould01

i get about 2.85 with nothing wireless hooked up. its around 1.0 with wireless devices hooked up and no i cant get fios. i had about 30-40 download speed with comcast. i left because i couldnt afford the bundle and the price went up and wouldnt give me a promo. comcast internet is really good. i actually had problems with the cable. lol

0 Likes
TrustMe1

Well honestly you just downgraded big time. 2.85 is what i was getting until i kept calling and calling and spoke with 17 people, half of them lying and now after placing an  order for high speed enhance to 7mpbs to 15, they gave me 5.35mpbs, which is still bad considering we are paying them 50 bucks.

my advise go back to comcast and just get the basic cable speed for 25mpbs / 10upload which is like 59.99 with phone service.

good luck, verizion is horrible lol. this is my last post, because im turning off my services within the next few hours and going with cable /comcast myself for 50mpbs. good luck though!

0 Likes