ip address: not connected
cageyklg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this should be a simple issue but can't find a ready solution.  I'm helping my mom remotely so it's quite difficult to examine different screens for a potential wrong setting.  Everything looks fine except ip address: not connected

In the process of solving a router issue, the modem was reset.  It asked for username and password.  Although the account is a DHCP style account, it came back w/ PPPoE as the protocol.  Under broadband connection, we set the protocol to routed bridge.  We checked the garden wall at 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm and disabled it.  In the main modem page (westell 6100ish), in the My Modem column, internet status=connected, DSL link=connected, type=routed bridge and ip address = NOT CONNECTED.  The DSL light is solid, data light flashes and internet is not lit.  Anyone have any idea of what I might have her check or what to do to get an ip address?  It had been assigned prior to the reset so overall I think the service is fine.

Kay

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ip address: not connected
cageyklg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following up:

Got it fixed with another reset of the modem.  After that, my mom mentioned she might have slipped a little while holding the reset button the earlier time.  The message for the community I guess then is that there are ways to get partial/incorrect resets and consider that as an option as a source of trouble.

K

View solution in original post

cageyklg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following up:

Got it fixed with another reset of the modem.  After that, my mom mentioned she might have slipped a little while holding the reset button the earlier time.  The message for the community I guess then is that there are ways to get partial/incorrect resets and consider that as an option as a source of trouble.

K

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear this has been solved 🙂

0 Likes