is 2112/640 kbps the most i can really get?
drshorty31

im on the 1.1 to 3 mbps plan. before my speed use to be like 1800/ 300 kbps or something like  that. But now im starting to wonder if i can go more up because on my modem it says that my attainable rate is 4192/1124 kbps. so shoudnt i be having around 3000 kbps and 800 kbps?

0 Likes
Re: is 2112/640 kbps the most i can really get?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The max attainable rate is a point of reference for the most capacity a line has based on measured conditions. It's a reference value because the modem can sync at that speed, however the line will certainly not be stable and disconnects are to be expected. 2112/640 is an optimized speed obviously above 1792/448. Let's see your Transceiver Statistics to see what you can take as a better estimate.

0 Likes
drshorty31

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd say with statistics like those 3360kbps/864kbps isn't out of the way. See if you can get Verizon to disable optimization for your line and set the full 3Mbps profile. They're going to give you grief stating the speed you have is within the package you've got, but technically it's a double saying. They give you a range, it's expected to be in a range where your line is nearly maxed, and you can throw that back at them if told. That speed falls within the range of 1.1Mbps-15Mbps so you're not doing anything wrong for requesting what you should be getting. The "Up To" phrase has a lot of room for interpretation, but in the case of DSL it's if you're suffering from congestion or if the line cannot take higher speeds. Not a case of they can't provision what can be technically provisioned from a tech's point of view.

0 Likes