is verizon screwing with me ?
mansir

so ive been having internet problems on and off since ive had the service for the past 4 years, finally work out all the kinks and get things squared away and now it feels like they are intentionally messing with me... so heres what happened

for about a month straight i have very slow speeds and connection losses i call them and i get a tech out to my home, everything is fine on my end ... replaced modem just to be sure. he leaves and the connection issue is fixed but the speeds are 1/2 of what they were previously so i get in touch with verizon they test my line saying i am getting good speeds for my package, i ask the tech why am i getting throttled she says im not i ask for the speed iw as getting previously she says theres nothing they can do, finally i have to threaten to close my account and move on. she tells me to hold on and has a network person call me. the network person does whatever it is she does to my service and i get my speeds back. i thank her i thank the tech and i am happy. now 2 days later i notice my speeds dropping again  and its in small increments as i always have my modem page open. hour by hour im watching as its keeps going down. did the network tech just give me the speeds ive been getting for th past 3 years just to appease me for a few days and now they are trying to take it back slowly? im very frustrated with all of this as i rely on the internet for my job and having to deal with this constantly is driving me insane .... 

can anyone help me ? i mean help that wont last for 2 days ?

im not trying to cause problems i just want the speeds that ive had for the past 4 years

0 Likes
Re: is verizon screwing with me ?
Consider1

I feel the same as you.I am having similiar problems with Verizon internet.  Unfortunately, Don't have FIOS in my building but for weeks have had intermittent internet service.  Service person came to check wires, everything fine.  Reduced the speed because too high w/o FIOS and causes problems.  Learned that with "old" wires that Verizon is not willing to repair because they are moving toward FIOS.  So I have to suffer.  I am being sent a new modem but I don't believe that is the problem.  I have never had a problem with Verizon prior to the speed upgrade in December 2012.  I dispise TW so I am stuck with Verizon.  I only use V for telephone and internet.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

mansir,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Mansir,
Glad that we were able to assist you with this issue. If your ever need help again, please let us know.
Amanda_M

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

If  it starts dropping again   file a report with the FCC.   Too  many Verizon customers  have the same issues  over and over.  Time to get outside help.

0 Likes