mac user-supported browser rant
cruiserad
Enthusiast - Level 1

mac user with an axe to grind over supported browsers

1. I use Camino almost exclusively, which is Mozilla code, yet you do not support this browser.

2. You say you support Firefox, yet NONE of my firefox installs (firebox 3-8) on mac, windows XP or Linux will work wih the Verizon site.

3. Your supported browser solution for me ins Safari, which is so full of security holes it's not funny. My most secure browser choice, firefox with add-ins is of no use.

4. My Linux choices are even worse, chromium was the only browser accepted by the site.

Seems, Verizon, you need to move into a new decade, and expand your technology to match your diverse customer base.

0 Likes
Re: mac user-supported browser rant
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with the comment in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/UNSUPPORTED-BROWSER/td-p/372205

That

Unless the website is not allowing you to log in, giving you a "Method Not Supported" error, just ignore that error. You can always fake your user agent to match a supported browser for verizon.com if you so wished. I only get a problem logging into MyVerizon using Firefox 9 beta. A user-agent Switcher does the job.