modems
joecee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been on the phone twice today for about 2 hours total.

I had intermittent connection losses over the past 2 weeks. After the connection was re-established  

the first tech said the modem was probably bad and if it failed again to call back.

It failed a few minutes after I hung up the phone so I called back and the next tech said the modem was fine and My package of 3mbps was too fast for the distance from the hub. He could not understand that it was fine for 3 years and the hub and I are not moving apart. Is there a list of compatible modems so that I can purchase my own or should I try cable instead?

Re: modems
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I typically do not blame the modem for connection loss, since normally the problem with DSL would involve deteriorating lines. In very rare occasions, a line may actually gain distance if it was rerouted due to line work.

Since the connection began dropping, have you noticed your phone service, should you have it from Verizon, reducing in call quality? This would include noises such as static, buzzing, humming, popping, and reduced audio quality in the call despite a clear sounding line. If you do not have Phone Service, please let us know if the problems began since canceling phone service, if you had it in the past with DSL.

0 Likes