my current download speed is .12, yes point 12, when I'm supposed to have a 4 to 7 mg connection
snowflake9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tech support checked and "repaired" the line and gave me a new modem which made things even slower.  They have denied my requests for a in person tech to come out to my home.

when I did verizon speed test, I got this message--look at the last two lines--is this something you can fix on your end?

Broadband Speed Test

Analysis information:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 932.78Kb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 120.64kb/s
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says{edited for privacy}but Client says [192.168.1.47]

please repspond quickly I am at my wit's end!  Thanks.

Re: my current download speed is .12, yes point 12, when I'm supposed to have a 4 to 7 mg connection
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says {edited for privacy} but Client says [192.168.1.47]

these two lines are normal.  it is just saying that your router is masking the real ip. and the real ip is xyz 

What model modem and brand is it,   you need to look at the tranceiver stats, which are usually the same as yoiur Modem Line Statistic Numbers.

These numbers can help tell us where the problem is and what you need to do to get it fixed.

to get your stats, you can go to http://192.168.1.1/ >  System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics.

Default user name is typically admin, and the password can be any of the following :

• password
  • password1
  • admin
  • admin1

It would be instructive if you could

1. get these stats plugged in like normal,
  2. get the same stats after unplugging ALL of the phones in your house, including faxes/filters/answering machines  
  3. get the stats when plugged in at your main Verizon Telephone box, they call it a NID.  

When you disconnect the phones in the house you're unplugging anything and everything with a phone line except the modem (remember guest bedrooms, garage phones, faxes dial up pc's etc.....you want to leave the modem plugged in, and everything else unplugged. 

To check the modem at the nid, use this little walk through. 

post as many of these modem stats as you can, preferablly all three, but at least the first two.

You're basically looking for Line Noise Problem.