no longer able to use my own router (gigabit/G3100)
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Apologies for what might be a duplicate poat, but i have done this before with success, but since yesterday, when i replace the G3110 with my own router, i get varying levels of success - between no connection at all to a maximum of 85 Mbps.

I do have FIOS TV one, but not sure if that matters..

The same msh when used as an AP (connecting off of the G3100) performs as expected. i've tried several restarts, automated troubleshooting over the phone. Still waiting for a tech to call back, but am wondering what is now different.

The one tech i chatted with didn't seem to know much beyond a script. I tried to ask her to 'reboot' the ONT, but i am not sure that was ever done.

Any thoughts appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: no longer able to use my own router (gigabit/G3100)
jonjones1
Legend

It is not a really good idea to use your own router with fios tv and phone or both.

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

the above link can give you guidance to use fios with your own router. However the new fios one needs a fios router in the mix. If your using no other services it’s much easier. You save rental fees each month if using your own router.

but that tv will negate that usage. In access point mode yes it may be done for the tv and internet.

Re: no longer able to use my own router (gigabit/G3100)
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks - after spending a couple of hours on the phone with a knowledgeable tech, and the ONT needed rebooting a couple of times, i am back to using the G3100 - couldn't spare the kind of time it needed for troubleshooting.

I have another issue that i am creating a separate post on, but appreciate your response.

0 Likes