not work to using my own router with fios
Evannnnn

How should I use my own router with Fios?

I‘m new to using Fios and using G3100 router but it's constantly reconnecting, so I tried to switched to my own router but doesn't work. All the lights on my router are white. I tried to release HCHP but it didn't work for me. The router shows that it has got the ip but no matter what there is no network. I asked customer service and they said its issues with my router and couldn't help me, but I was using it week on last week with other company until now when I switched to Fios. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: not work to using my own router with fios
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Evannnnn wrote:

asked customer service and they said its issues with my router and couldn't help me

If you use your own router, VZ network will detect it and lock out the majority of troubleshooting tools available for agents, including GWR-OLT-ONT pathway troubleshooting tools.

If you believe you have PON (incoming fiber) connectivity issues, which I think that is the case, I'd recommend you to temporarily connect back a VZ router and contact a service analyst to troubleshoot.

You can also download the WAN DHCP log from your G3100 and private message it to me to take a look. If you constantly see DHCP rebind warnings, that is a sign of PON connectivity issue.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm wondering if the cable between the ONT and the router is the culprit. Can it be replaced with a known good cable?

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Give you router a hard reset for 15 seconds then try again. Sometimes routers like Netgear and TP link have to go through a setup process. Don't worry about the DHCP release. That is dated information. 

Evannnnn

connects to my computer from ONT and works well so I'm sure the cable is fine.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Evannnnn wrote:

asked customer service and they said its issues with my router and couldn't help me

If you use your own router, VZ network will detect it and lock out the majority of troubleshooting tools available for agents, including GWR-OLT-ONT pathway troubleshooting tools.

If you believe you have PON (incoming fiber) connectivity issues, which I think that is the case, I'd recommend you to temporarily connect back a VZ router and contact a service analyst to troubleshoot.

You can also download the WAN DHCP log from your G3100 and private message it to me to take a look. If you constantly see DHCP rebind warnings, that is a sign of PON connectivity issue.