old apartment building splitter not mocha in wall
roboloki
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all-

I think they might use rg6 cable only 20 - 50 feet MAX. My apartment might be 2 or 3 times that distance from where cable comes into building. They have to split it. My question is what can verizon do when fios comes to our place because I can't rewire? The splitter won't operate at higher frequencies it needs to. Are there any tricks or are we stuck. I like spectrum but with time warner they had a lower tier for us broke people. Hoping the prices don't keep going north of $75 a month.

Thanks

roboloki

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: old apartment building splitter not mocha in wall
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any speeds higher than 100Mbps would require an Ethernet run from the ONT to your router. The current lowest speed you can order is 300Mbps, so an Ethernet run is a must. Alternatively, techs can directly pull the fiber into the unit, if it is easily accessible and no objections from the landlord.

View solution in original post

Re: old apartment building splitter not mocha in wall
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any speeds higher than 100Mbps would require an Ethernet run from the ONT to your router. The current lowest speed you can order is 300Mbps, so an Ethernet run is a must. Alternatively, techs can directly pull the fiber into the unit, if it is easily accessible and no objections from the landlord.