phone and computer won't connect to wifi router at same time
shmelbahey
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have dsl with my own netgear wifi router.

if i want to use the wifi on my phone, i have to shut off the wifi on my computer.

if i want to use the wifi on my computer, i have to shut off the wifi on my phone.

they cannot both get wifi access together.

it's a new phone and i never noticed glitch this before.

i could swear in the past a had a friend visit with a notebook who used hers while mine was also connected, both via wifi.

i don't think it's my router.

it's either something on my new phone that won't share the wifi connection or something new with verizon that won't let a phone connect while the computer is online.

any ideas?

phone=galaxy ace

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone and computer won't connect to wifi router at same time
shmelbahey
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok, never mind. i left my wifi on for my phone and computer and restarted my router and modem and it took a minute longer to restart them this time but now both work. i guess in order to get them both to be recognized (maybe ip address conflict?) by the router it needed a restart. should have tried that before posting

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: phone and computer won't connect to wifi router at same time
shmelbahey
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok, never mind. i left my wifi on for my phone and computer and restarted my router and modem and it took a minute longer to restart them this time but now both work. i guess in order to get them both to be recognized (maybe ip address conflict?) by the router it needed a restart. should have tried that before posting

0 Likes