quantum router, keep losing some of configurations.
snortbsd
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello team:

i have a syslog server in my house and collect my quantum router logs (system logs and security logs). i seldom reload my quantum router as long as i don't see any issues. recent i reloaded the home gateway, to my surprise, i lost that part of configurations: advanced=>system settings=>system logging. i tested a few times, it seems to be a bug: every time i reload the router, those settings will be gone (back to factory default value).

does anyone have this issue?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: quantum router, keep losing some of configurations.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@snortbsd wrote:

where are the syslog configuration installed?

You would need root privilege to view and edit that. Root privilege can only be enabled by Verizon's engineering team through TR-069 remote management, and they are not accessible to customers.

Some of the logs are only available through SSH. However, firewall logs are only available through GUI.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean by reloading?

Do you mean to reset the router, reboot the router, or reimage the firmware?

G1100's Syslog does not encompass all system logs. You can SSH into the router to see more detailed logs.

snortbsd
Enthusiast - Level 2

just regular reboots.

what do you mean by "G1100's Syslog does not encompass all system logs"? under /var/log of g1100, only two files "lastlog" and "messages". under /etc, there are two files: localtime and resolv.conf. where are the syslog configuration installed?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@snortbsd wrote:

where are the syslog configuration installed?

You would need root privilege to view and edit that. Root privilege can only be enabled by Verizon's engineering team through TR-069 remote management, and they are not accessible to customers.

Some of the logs are only available through SSH. However, firewall logs are only available through GUI.

snortbsd
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks. but definitely the software not able to keep the customized config is an issue. also, the resolv.conf also has issue.

0 Likes