question about product.
Jonesy211
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spoken with verizon techs and told me they are giving me a gateway router i need to understand what model are they giving me because i work from home as well as use it for personal use. I need to make sure I'm not just getting a "low end model"  I hope someone has the anwser to this. thanks in advance.

Re: question about product.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon in most areas will hand out Westell 7500 Gateways. Sometimes you may receive an ActionTec Gateway instead, which can vary between a few models if Verizon carries multiple models. If you aren't happy with the Westell or ActionTec Gateway or modem you receive, you are always free to put the Verizon equipment into storage as a spare and use your own equipment. You won't get phone support for it though, just keep that in mind.

0 Likes
Jonesy211
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the information. if i run windows 7 and i use it as part business computer is that going to affect how well the modem works? i read both needs the os xp or vista or me.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't operating system dependant. You can use pretty much any Operating System that is capable of using the Internet to manage the modem. Setup might require a PC or a Mac, but there's manual ways of doing it from any device.

Oh, and one thing too, anything that mentions compatibility with Vista SHOULD be compatible with Windows 7. Windows 7 is simply a bugfixed Vista, and you can load Vista drivers into Windows7 with no issue (if it is needed for old computers).

0 Likes