"Scanning Network" empty
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Westell 327W.. Under My Network, the pane labeled "Scanning Network" is empty. Previously, it had displayed a list of all the devices connected the 327W.

How do I correct this?

Thanks.

Re: "Scanning Network" empty
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what kind of PC  dell, lenovo, hp etc?

0 Likes
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gateway. Why?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

because it kinda sounds like your wireless switch is turned off. 

Also, try toggling on and off the wireless LAN radio by using the combination Fn+F7 key (fn is located near the ctrl, windows and alt key, and f7 is above the number 8 usually  - so both at the same time). An icon appears to indicate wireless ON or OFF when toggled.

0 Likes
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

My network consists of several computers and printers, some of which are wireless and some of which are Ethernet.

The computer that I am using, the Gateway, is connected to the 327W via an Ethernet cable.

All of the wireless devices have Internet access.

Thanks.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To me, this sounds like nothing more than a firmware bug, or a display issue whenever you try to visit the Network Map in the Westell. Clicking on My Network and navigating through the menus should get you an up to date list of what's on the network.

0 Likes
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

All it took was a power recycle. 🙂

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good to hear that was all that it needed. Sounds like the typical "Running for a duration" bug to me 😛

0 Likes
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not familiar with the "running for a duration" bug. You don't mean, "reboot each piece of electronic equipment every once in a while, just for the helluvit", do you? 🙂
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much the last option :P. Seems as though things aren't coded to run for months anymore without having an issue these days!

0 Likes