remote administration to actiontec on subnet
jackmcd786

I have the new quantum router and can access it with the remote admin on port 443 no problem.  i used my old actiontec router to create a subnetwork (quantum lan to actiontec wan, set up as 192.168.20.1) i created a separate guest network but needed the computers to be able to talk to each other and see a separate network printer which is not possible with the guest wifi built in to the quantum.  anyways, all that works fine and i have 2 isolated networks.  is there a way for me to remotely login to the actiontec?  pretty sure it needs port forwarding to get through the quantum router but not sure how to do this or if it's possible.  when connected to the 192.168.1.1 network i cannot ping or see anything on 192.168.20.x.   i also have a belkin router connected to the quantum lan to lan as an access point in bridge mode.  turned on remote admin in this one (defaulted to port 8080) but cant seem to figure out the port forwarding either.  help!!

0 Likes
Re: remote administration to actiontec on subnet
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With your current setup, you will not be able to reach the 192.168.20.X subnet from your quantum router.

However, there is a way you can access the Aciontec on your Quantum router's network. First, log into the Aciontec while connected to the guest network.

Click Advanced in the top navbar, click Yes when it asks if you want to proceed. Then, click "Remote Administration" under the toolbox menu on the left. 

Click the checkbox for "Using Primary HTTP Port" under the Allow Incoming WAN Access to web-management. Then, click Apply.

Now, go back to the Main page, and look in the left column titled "My Router".

Look under "Broadband Connection". You should see a 192.168.1.X IP address in there assigned by your G1100. 

Once you connect back to your Quantum router network, you'll be able to access the actiontec web interface over that 192.168.1.X IP address. (Remember, you can't use 192.168.20.1 on your Quantum network, use the 192.168.1.X address you saw on the Actiontec main page). 

On an unrelated note, how secure do you want this guest network to be? Do you just want the two networks isolated? By default, with the setup you have, anyone on the Aciontec network can still access your personal Quantum network. Just a heads up.