returning old router
guysgotaquestio

Got a slightly dated router, VZ tech upgraded my service a year ago and said instructions would follow on returning the old router for credit.   Never got guidance. Have the router in front of me. Value in returning for credit, secondary market, or what?

BTW, highly amused this "community" is much more readily apparent than actual online help from VZ.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: returning old router
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the poster above me stated if its been a year then you should be fine to just keep it.

I have one of the older actiontecs as well, and I called Verizon to return it only to have support tell me that I don't have to return it. 

I'm assuming as they move towards the newer "Quantum" routers they no longer have a need for the older aciontecs. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

The company never contacted you? They are still not charging you?

if no is the answer to both, don’t contact Verizon for it will be nothing but grief.

put it somewhere safe and if they ever do ask for it back then give it to them.

A year later? I don’t think they care at this point.

if someone else used it the number on the device would be triggered and then the fun begins.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the poster above me stated if its been a year then you should be fine to just keep it.

I have one of the older actiontecs as well, and I called Verizon to return it only to have support tell me that I don't have to return it. 

I'm assuming as they move towards the newer "Quantum" routers they no longer have a need for the older aciontecs.