safe mode
jahmya11221

My computer is stuck in safe mode and I can't find a way to unlock it. I must have hit some key by accident now Iam locked in. Help.

0 Likes
Re: safe mode
NEPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There must be a power switch on the back of your PC. I would recommend to turn it off, then turn it on again and push a power button on the front, if the computer won't come up.  

If you can't find the power switch, just pull a plug on the computer, then plug it back and start it.

Windows won't be harmed after such operations, in most cases.

However, if safe mode comes back again, you need a technician to look into the problem. A good neighbor could be helpful too. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
Re: safe mode
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just reboot Windows out of Safe Mode. It's possible the system crashed while loading up and dropped you to that after rebooting. There shouldn't be a need to forcefully power off the machine (which might just kick it  back into Safe Mode anyways). If you're seeing issues still, press F8 after you first turn on your computer from a shutdown repeatably until a Black and White screen comes up asking you what mode you wish to boot in (Select Normal, obviously using Arrow Keys and Enter), try a System Restore to the day before within Safe Mode, and failing that, get a computer technician to fix it.

Need help with modem hook up.
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes