service problems in western PA
dnedzel1

We have been having super slow performance at our house in western PA.  We have had service for the past 7 years, it's never been fast, but acceptable, around 1mbps download.  Over the last few months it has been getting slower and slower, speedtest now shows around 100kpbs download and similar upload.  We opened several tickets with Verizon: they sent a technician to the house to check the lines, then they sent another tech to fix a problem with the lines (first tech left a wire pair reversed).  The 2nd tech also delivered and installed a new modem/router.  Still have same slow performance: ~100kpbs with frequent complete dropouts.  We increased the service to 3.7mpbs to improve performance, but this made no difference.  Opened more tickets, techs asked what else is running on the LAN, that some device other than the PC had to be consuming the bandwidth because the router showed 7mbps service on status page.  I showed that no other devices are connected and demonstrated that with the DHCP IP assignments and the activity logging page from the Router Admin app, no other activity than from the pc.  They escalated, they said it was solved and closed the ticket.  I saw no improvement so I re-opened the ticket.  Went thru the same discussion with the next technician, then he escalated to Tier II network support.  I spoke to Tier II support, I want thru the same discussion, then they escalated further.  He said what that resource told him was that our circuit may not support 3-7mbps service.  I haven't heard anything back, I tried to access the support site to check my repair order, but the site doesn't seem to work for me, it just says this site was designed for Fios customers and then brings back a blank screen.  

Can anyone here suggest a way to raise the visibility of this issue in Verizon?  We have been loyal customers for 7 years, we paid for a higher level of service, currently we have no service (it has been pretty much useless for the last two months because it is so slow) we have opened cases, had multiple techs out to the house, and the last we heard is our circuit may not be capable of delivering the 3-7mbps service we paid for and that might be why we are getting no servier.  We aren't even getting 1mbps - we are seeing between .1mbps and 0.  

We live in a smaller city in western PA, my neighbors have been reporting issues with their service as well and both techs said they were running into similar issues with other cusotmers in the area: the wiring to the house is fine, but the data throughput is super slow and they haven't been able to get anyone inside Verizon to acknowledge and solve the issue - they just keep getting dispatched to check lines that are in working order.  I really don't know where to go from here!  I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

thank you!

- Derrick

0 Likes
Re: service problems in western PA
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dnedzel,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes