several months later and my issue still isnt fixed
siennasmommie

I have been calling and trying online for every month since ast febuary to get my home phone bill and my dsl bill on the same bill......still not fixed and it sucks trying to pay 2 seperate bills every month anyone else have this problem or know how i can fix it???? Also none of my home phones work.....we have to run a cord out to the box outside our house for any type of phone service.......It looks like the one wire in the box was burnt or something it was all black....any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: several months later and my issue still isnt fixed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think they can help too much here on these forums about Billing issues, but do you currently have the Phone and DSL service bundled together or are they actually set up as separate services? Is anything under a contract? One Bill should not require a bundle but that may be something to consider. The most I can advise to do is to continue calling Billing on the phone, and then call back the next day to ensure the request was put in and if it has been processed yet.

As for the burnt wires, are you sure something wasn't hit by high voltage and caused those lines to burn up? If the wire is a part of the line between your home's jacks and the Verizon box, that is something Verizon will most likely not fix without charging you for it if you do not have the Wire Maintenance plan, but should come out and re-connect the house for as long as they do not need to replace wiring. Telephone operating voltage and amperage isn't high enough to cook wires like that. So, if it is actually burned I'd be addressing some other issues inside of the house such as the condition of that wiring before you even try to get it hooked up. Otherwise, it could also be corrosion if you're looking at the copper section and the jacket of the cable isn't burned.

0 Likes