slow DSL
joeslowskidsl1

Verizon sells 7.0 internet even though they can't provide it where I live The tech from verizon (after waiting a week and a half) tested my DSL and said I would be lucky to get 1.0  when I called verizon they reduced my service price to 3.0 but never refunded any of the overcharges. Check your speed on a third party speed site you may be way overpaying for what they can't provide anyway. There service is the worst the plans are the worst. They are ignorant and way overpriced, the only reason I have them is I HAVE NO CHOICE. At least at work I infinity Comcast and it does 7.0 I would never recommend verizon to anyone (I hope they read this but I know they don't care anyway) I can send messages faster with 2 cans and a string and it would be clearer. I have to go now I'm getting smoke signals from the guy down the street. (he also has verizon) I'm slowskijoedsl asking everyone TO CHECK THE SPEED OF THE DSL AND CALL TO DOWNGRADE YOU PACKAGE SAVE 30 BUCKS A MONTH AND YOUR SANITY, JUST BECAUSE THEY SELL IT DOESN'T MEAN YOUR GETTIN IT. CALL YOUR LOCAL UTILITIES ATHOURITIES OR YOUR COMMISSIONER ABOUT THE LIES AND THEFT THAT IS BEING COMMITTED AND REMEMBER AT ONE TIME WE SURVIVED WITHOUT THE INTERNET(NOT LIKELY NOW) MAKE THE BEST OF IT!!

0 Likes
Re: slow DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do your transceiver statistics even look like? Also, keep in mind too Verizon has two packakges: Slow and Faster. Slow is 512kbps to 1Mbps. Faster is 1.1Mbps to 15Mbps. Techically there should be no price difference between anything above 1.1Mbps unless you're grandfathered in on an old plan.

Also, keep in mind DSL is an unregulated service. Verizon can get in trouble for sure if you complain about it but they are not mandated to supply it to a specific level like they need to with their voice service.

0 Likes