slow speed
ramborandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi i upgraded from 15/5 to 50/25 , expecting to see increase speed for my playstation 3 . i do have it wired ,

and i only see 23/8 i have tryed everything and cannot get any help from verizon, there customer service use to

be 1 of thee best now they act like , they don't care . how can i increase my download speed ? for router

MI424-WR REV F

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: slow speed
mrfnb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you hooking up straight to the Verizon router? If not, try that out and see. If you are going through any other router or switch, theat part may have gone bad. Better to try the straight route than to pay the fee for service to come to your home without checking.

0 Likes
ramborandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi thank you for responding and the answer is yes i'm only using verizon router and

the connection is going to the playstation and it's a wired connection .

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Do you have (or can your borrow) a computer you can connect directly to the FiOS router to run a speedtest at speedtest.net?

I would suggest you do that, if at all possible, to narrow down the problem to your FiOS connection or the Playstation itself. 

I have a similar issue with a BluRay device I have connected via hardware to my 75/35 mb/s service.  I consistently get better than 75/35 on a Mac or PC plugged in to that same connection, but when checking speed for streaming a video the BluRay box never gets more than 10 or 11 mb/s down.  It's the box itself, or how it goes about the speed check.  It's not a problem with my FiOS service.

You may be experiencing the same thing.

0 Likes
ramborandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i will give it a try  to see what happens i first have to borrow a lap top to run the test

thank you for your help .

0 Likes