trouble with webpages in Switzerland
Mc4it

Hi there 

I went into an issue, i think it is a DNS Problem from Verizon but not sure. 

I'm an IT Specialst here in Switzerland and have a customere in US. 

She has really bad issues with opening a Page. 

The Page is mc4.ch - which is our webpage

the other page, it is on the same webserver is - www.gerickeusa.com , this is only a page forwarder to an other page. 

it would be really nice if some guys can test this links and give me a feedback, if it is working or not on your site. 

as i can't get n touch with the Verizon support, it is my only way to ask you guys here in the forum. 

Please give me any hints if you have an idea where the problem could be. 

Thanks!! 

Regards

simone 

0 Likes
Re: trouble with webpages in Switzerland
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is one very strange situation that I have seen. Your website is configured fine, and so are Verizon's DNS resolvers.

However, it seems anyone from the Verizon network can't access your DNS servers. I found the following information by doing a quick whois lookup:

Name servers:

ns1.web02.mc4web.ch [185.101.157.76]

ns2.web02.mc4web.ch [185.101.157.77]

So I tried to ping the nameservers, only to find no response. A traceroute shows a very strange message:

3 * T0-5-0-7.PITBPA-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [100.41.214.33] reports: Destination net unreachable.

This definately seems like a routing issue on Verizon's end, because I can reach your nameservers just fine from external internet connections. Unfortunately I don't think theres much us end-users can do to help, perhapse this forum post could be escalated to a Verizon agent? 

0 Likes
Mc4it

Thanks so much!! i really thought that i'm the   idiot which is not able to find the issue..!

hmm.. any way to escalate this issue to a Verizon Agent?

Because i don't know a support  email address and can't find a  contact form for this Issue.  

Thank you so much!! 🙂 

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could always try to play your luck on the support page, however I believe you must have an account for pretty much all support. 

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/contact-us/contactLayout.htm#

I don't think Verizon has an email that you can just send messages too, however. Hopefully a forum admin could send this thread to the network admins Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes