unknown adds
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having a problem with adds coming over the internet that I can not figuer out..It could be a product add or music..Funny part is these things come on even if I'm not on line...Only thing I can come up with is that this is coming through the house phone which is also hooked for my internet service...Any others having this problem, I'm not set up with any radio station, nothing is identified just taking or music....

0 Likes
Re: unknown adds
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 When this happens, is your computer on?

#2 Do you have any VOiP equipment?

0 Likes
Re: unknown adds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hard to say what this is really. Tagging on with dslr's post, does this happen even with the computer off, and perhaps do you hear this while on the phone and the computer is off?

If this only happens while the computer is on, I would suggest checking over all installed programs. You might have adware installed on the system which could be running in the background, or right in your web browser. A good starting program is MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. This program should be able to pick up most of the nasties on a system, and clean them out. For programs labeled "PUP," make sure you place a checkbox next to their name. In almost every case I've never seen a need for a program marked as PUP by Malwarebytes.

0 Likes