upgraded to 150/65 tech coming tomorrow
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

renewed my contract a week ago and got 150/65 i didnt speak to them my mother did so didnt get much details but someone has to come to the house tomorrow..

i know im going need a new router i see online that they need to run ethernet from the router to the ont but on the phone they keep saying not rewiring has to be done

has there been times where installers basically didnt do that or is it impossible for them not to?

will there be a problem if the ont is far from the router..or they can pretty much do it with any layout

still concerns me that they keep saying on the phone no new wiring

0 Likes
Re: upgraded to 150/65 tech coming tomorrow
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the coax/moca won't go above like 90 mb, so the ethernet hook up from the router to the ONT needs to be done. and you need to have the new wireless N router.

you "might" even need a new ont/service terminal outside.   depending on what you have now. 

they should be able to run cat 5 to where your router is or where you want it, but they might have to drill, or patch it along the wall.  

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

all done

arrived at 2 finished at like 6

the guy wasnt very confident he actually pretty much tried to convince me not to go 150/65 so he didnt have to do the ethernet

he said this is the only 2nd time hes doing a setup for this tier then tried to say most of the time you dont even get that speed etc....

im on the 3rd floor ont is in the garage he replaced that and said that he should put the ethernet over the roof to the back to the room i have my router in

went with that plan even though i would have preferred it inside

the whole day he wasnt confident in the job he was doing he was on the phone several times saying things like i hope it works etc...

by the time we got the ethernet through the hole he drilled he had someone else come to finish up the process with the ethernet and router and that guy basically the same way as the other guy but a little more confident but with setting up the ethernet he had to look at a image of the wire colors on his blackberry to make sure he got it right

end result is this

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iamloco724

{You have received information in your private message box -- &gt . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

sorry about that

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

congrats on the upgrade, not sure why the tech's were so hesitant, but from all the reports, people love that speed and get their speeds pretty consistently.

0 Likes