verizon Internet connection in Pittsburgh area is horrible!
abolit

No matter how many times I contacted the verizon customer service , the connection problem still exists.

I've been experiencing about 2 or 3 connection drops / interruptions per hour and each time I contact the verizon - they just performs the line check saying everything is fine and hang up. Nothing has been addressed and done in this respect.

The worst customer service ever!

0 Likes
Re: verizon Internet connection in Pittsburgh area is horrible!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even If you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem and you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes