verizon fiber repair, techsecure, cmr and the rabbit hole
docbin

My fiber at home was nicked so for the repair Verizon recommended me to get TechSure plus and that it would cover the cost of the repair.

Three month later i get a bill from some organization called CMR.  After much investigating i figured out that they are the enforcer of the "Verizon special projects" billings.

Now if i call Verizon they don't know about any of this. But somehow I being haunted by the ghost of CMR for a job I know nothing about.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

0 Likes
Re: verizon fiber repair, techsecure, cmr and the rabbit hole
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi docbin,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
docbin

Thanks, I tried that and their rough reply was that the bill is coming from Verizon and there is nothing they can do unless Verizon retracts the bill.

When I asked Verizon about it is where things get odd, on one hand they tell me I shouldn't have to pay the bill because I had Techsure but on the other hand they don't know Verizon  Special Projects Billings or CMR so it is kind of a catch-22 arrangement.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi docbin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes