Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
very intermittent DSL connection
bamacowgirl

Does anyone know what is going on with DSL?  My connection has been very intermittent for the last couple of months.  I reset my modem but that only works about half of the time.  I'm getting very tired of not being able to do what I need to do on the computer because I have no internet connection.  Plus, I can't facetime my granddaughter in GA.  Thinking about changing service providers...

0 Likes
Re: very intermittent DSL connection
hiker78

I had a problem with my DSL also. I tried calling tech support and after 45 minutes I got so frustrated and insulted by the tech I gave up and called my cable company for internet access. I much happier now. I may try FIOS when it's available in my area, but would never go back to DSL again.

0 Likes
Re: very intermittent DSL connection
dslr595148
Super User
Super User

To the OP only, since the other poster is not on DSL anymore.

Step one: Visit www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

Step two: Provide the transceiver Statistics from your modem.

If you do not know how to get that info:

#1 What is the brand and model of your DSL Modem?

#2 If a RJ-45 WAN port router is connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of your RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes