westell 327 router red power light
PJF8468

I can't get my router working.  I have unplugged it and put it in an outlet I know is working.  I have unplugged everything except for the power plug.  I have reset it.  I have turned it off and on.  Phone line is working.  I don't know if it's tied to Hurricane Sandy, but other people in the area have their Verizon internet working.  I don't think I'd get a red light if that was the issue.  Any suggestions? 

Paula

0 Likes
Re: westell 327 router red power light
Hubrisnxs
Legend

RED power button that never turns any other color means the modem is dead unfortunately.  Use the Contact us link at the bottom of the page to reach out to Verizon Live Chat and see if how you can get a new modem.  They might provide it or you might need to get a new one.  they will let you know.

from the manual it says 

POWER
Solid Red
POST (Power On Self Test), Failure (not bootable) or Device
Malfunction. NOTE: The Power LED should be red no longer
than two seconds after the power on self test passes

Re: westell 327 router red power light
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try doing a 30-30-30 reset. If it won't boot up from that point it's dead or the power supply to the device is dead (it won't boot if the power supply is weak). The 327w is pretty old so failure of them is certainly expected when power is lost. Electronics wear out quicker if they are turned on and off, but can continue running even if they are degraded if left on. Perhaps this is the case with the 327w. Ran faithfully until it lost power.

Holding down the reset button for 30 seconds while it has power. Unplug it without releasing the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. Then, plug the device in and continue holding reset for another 30 seconds. From there, release and give it a minute to boot. If it does not boot, cycle power to the device.

0 Likes