westell 327w router.
icus

Dose anyone know if there is a limited number of wireless computer this router will allow to connect to your home network if you are using the allow only these MAC addresses dose 4 sound right or can I put more on the router.  Thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
Re: westell 327w router.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I do not know the answer to this question, I have to tell you..

#1 Mac Address(es) are always are sent in the clear regardless of the type of encryption.

#2 Mac Address(es) can be spoffed / cloned.

#3 If someone ( an attacker) did not know how to spoof / clone a Mac Address, then everything else sent without using (already connected) encryption will be seen.

A type of already connected encryption is SSL. Most VPNs use encryption.

For these reason I do not recommend using Mac Address Filtering. I would recommend using some sort of wireless encryption. Two examples of wireless encryption are WEP and WPA...

0 Likes
Re: westell 327w router.
MEMDB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same router as you and I've been able to hook up a lot of wireless devices, my Macbook being one of them, my Nintendo Wii, and now my iPhone is using the wireless so that's about three devices right there using the wireless Internet, my computer is wired connection and my PS3 is wired connection too so I'm using a good amount of devices off this router.

0 Likes