westell 7500
chinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the westell 7500 just a couple days ago. i didnt get a chance to set it up because i was busy. so heres the deal. i pluged all the stuff in and connected an ethernet cable to my laptop. i entered the wep key and all that. last was to set up the wireless, so i open internet explorer and types in the ip address that was on that 4 page manual. it shows the login change page where i can choose the login name, password and retype the password. after i click apply and said yes to make these changes. all of a sudden this popup shows and it said to put my login name and password. so i put what i put on the make login and pass change just before, nothing. put the login and pass i had on the verizon page. nothing. i put admin as both login and pass. nothing...i need help!!!!!!!!!1

also im an existing customer...verizon just sent me a new modem for some reason.

Re: westell 7500
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried "admin" for the login and "password" for the password? 

Have you tried resetting the 7500 back to original settings?

chinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

i tried admin as both login and pass. how do you reset the setting?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can reset the modem by holding in the reset button that is found on the back of the Westell (where I think it should be at least). Other combinations you can try however are:

admin/password1
admin/admin
admin/admin1
Your Verizon Username and Password
chinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

admin/admin fail

my verizon login and pass fail i will try the other two after i reset it

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok. Any luck with this or have you not reset the modem yet?