westell gateway keeps dropping internet
fade2black1982
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here are my Transceiver Statistics.. My internet goes in and out all the time been happening now for about 6 months so Verizon decided they would send me a new Modem because my other one was about 6 years old thinking that might be the problem but its not, still is dropping the internet now more then ever.. My landlines does have a lot of static not sure what that or if it might have anything to do with,, it I could really use someone help cause I don't get any when I talk to Verizon 😞

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_2plus Data Path FAST   Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 2525 487 Margin (dB) 7.0 9.9 Line Attenuation (dB) 42.5 23.4 Transmit Power (dBm) 20.6 12.4

Re: westell gateway keeps dropping internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your margins are low, and would be the cause of your disconnects. Since you have static on your line, please take a phone with a DSL filter out to your NID to see if the static is not there. Here's an FAQ on what a NID: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

The NID is usually located near your Electrical service enterance/panel/meter. If it isn't there, it will be located on an extension pole. The best way to find it is to follow the Verizon copper drop coming in from the pole to the point where it joins up with your home's wiring.

0 Likes