westell modem will reconnect with network after sitting on and idle for weeks
wsh1

I am responsible for supporting the owner of the company i work for home internet connection. He travels to and from his other residence usually on a bi-weekly basis. He does NOT turn off the Westell modem when he leaves. When he returns, the modem is not connected to the verizon network. The modem recognizes he is attached to it, but the "Internet" light will not turn on nor will the DSL light go solid indicating he is connected.  Does Verizon 'suspend' connections if idle for a certain period of time? If so, is there any way to request that this feature be turned off or is there a way to prevent this from happening. The last time this happened, i was doing a couple things at once, but I'm pretty sure removing and replacing the phone line started the reconnection in motion where a power cycle wouldn't. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: westell modem will not reconnect with network after being on and sitting idle for weeks
wsh1

0 Likes
Re: westell modem will reconnect with network after sitting on and idle for weeks
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Verizon doesn't suspend connections for being idle the last I checked. If you want to see what is going on with the connection however, log into the modem and post up the modem logs. They should clue into what is the problem.
0 Likes