wireless products
ginamarie11

OK BEAR WITH ME I AM A COMPUTER DUMMY.  WITH MY TYPE OF HI SPEED INTERNET FIOS 15/5 CAN I USE A WIRELESS PRINTER COPIER SCANNER AND FAX?  A HI SPEED ANSWER WOULD BE AWESOME.

THANKS  GINA MARIE

0 Likes
Re: wireless products
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@ginamarie11 wrote:

OK BEAR WITH ME I AM A COMPUTER DUMMY.  WITH MY TYPE OF HI SPEED INTERNET FIOS 15/5 CAN I USE A WIRELESS PRINTER COPIER SCANNER AND FAX?  

Yes, the Verizon provided FIOS router is a wireless router.

Check the documentation of your printer/copier/scanner for instructions on how to connect to a wireless router.

In general, your printer/copier/scanner will need to know the SSID of your router and it's encryption key.  Assuming you haven't changed these settings in the router, you will find the SSID and WEP key printed on the label on the underside of your router.

Re: wireless products
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keeping what Anti-Phish has said already, I will add that there a several reports of difficulties with wireless printer setups (Brother being one of the most often mentioned) having difficulty connecting.   So you may want to search the brand you're thinking of buying to see if there are any reports of connectivity issues.

Technically, there shouldn't be any issue ... the technology is all standards based ... but a few printers seem to have issues.