1gig service is $75 30 feet from my house.....
PaulGS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

My neighbors are getting 1gbs service for $75 a month, why am I paying $75 for 75/75?

Why the descrimination for living 30 feet away from them?

0 Likes
Re: 1gig service is $75 30 feet from my house.....
jonjones1
Legend

@PaulGS14 wrote:

My neighbors are getting 1gbs service for $75 a month, why am I paying $75 for 75/75?

Why the descrimination for living 30 feet away from them?

Please.....

You are able to get fios gigabyte service for yourself if you are a new customer, or have another person get gigabyte service at your home like a wife, or girlfriend, or border. Brother or sister etc.

If you are out of contract you can cancel fios and then sign up later as a new customer.

gigabyte only starts at $69.99  but you will have to do negoations to get the best rates.

Oh by the way, you have no idea what your neighbors have or what they pay for.

You could not know what every person pays for their service. (TV, or TV and Phone, TV,Phone & Internet) what speeds etc.

1-800-VERIZON or go online and see what deals are available for you.

0 Likes
PaulGS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

**bleep** kind of response is this?!

First, I DO know what my neightbors are getting. It is simple bro, you go outside and you ask them. People talk....  You don't have neighbors? You don't walk your dog? 

Second, I did call, told its not available. But they offer to upgrade me 100/100 for $150 a month. Yeah,... OK.... I'm stupid enough to pay that when people are getting 950/950 for $75/month 30 feet from me.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@PaulGS14 wrote:

**bleep** kind of response is this?!

First, I DO know what my neightbors are getting. It is simple bro, you go outside and you ask them. People talk....  You don't have neighbors? You don't walk your dog? 

Second, I did call, told its not available. But they offer to upgrade me 100/100 for $150 a month. Yeah,... OK.... I'm stupid enough to pay that when people are getting 950/950 for $75/month 30 feet from me.

The swearing always shows the person has lost the argument.

yes I have neighbors, but I don’t live in a city but in the suburbs. I don’t make a habit of butting into their business.

When Fios was available only a few homes in my area took it. There was no gigabyte back then. I waited two years to try the service after I noticed my close neighbors were ditching Fios because the price increased after the two years.

Do I know every single neighbors? No way. Do I care what service they have or at what level? No way since it’s none of my business.

When I took Fios internet only 150/150 I paid $85 and a bogus $1.99 fee. 

When Fios came out with gigabyte the lady on the phone had me order it via online.

it then went to $105 per month which is still a bargain.

This site is a customer helping customers site there is no way anyone here can say when gigabyte speed will be available to your home except Verizon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder to everyone to please keep your posts courteous.

PaulGS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really, you don't talk? You don't visit forums, you dont visit reddit? You don't talk to your co-workers? I found it hard to believe anything you are saying.

Still haven't answered my questions why data is suddenly 5000% more expensive when traveling 30 more feet.

This isn't about getting gig service, it is about charging me accordingly. Why am I getting charged 5000% more. Clearly, 1 gig service can be delivered for $75, why does it cost $500 more for 50% of the capicity 30 feet away.

Answer me that. (Hint : we all know the answer: greed and lack of competition)

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Well you know the answer, so why ask it?

no I don’t talk to co-workers I am retired. My neighbors around me are also retired and they mind their own business. I am on reddit and many more sites. Which is still none of your business.

Verizon is a for profit company. It can charge what it likes and if you the consumer don’t like the price then go elsewhere.

There can be no other answer.

0 Likes
PaulGS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

And go elsewhere to what?!  Its a **bleep** monopoly.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

you don’t like Fios pricing so get cable broadband or wireless but the costs will have you at their forums complaining how much it costs for slow speeds, instead of calling up and see what Verizon can do for you.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

This topic has been closed due to continued interpersonal disputes after a previous request to keep posts courteous. When posting, please take care to follow the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. Thank you.

0 Likes