50%+ Webmail & Outlook Sent messages blocked as spam in last week. HELP!!!
dsabjp

I'm having many of my Outlook and Web mail messages blocked as spam. More than 50% of  Message contents on web page says:

Unable to Send Message.

Unable to send e-mail: 550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to sedn was determined to be spam.  Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information. 

Comtents of my message included two web site links.  Title of message = Wide Clics

Contents of message as follows:

Here are web pages for Clic readers that might be useful.

http://shop.sportclic.com/product.sc;jsessionid=458673868CA19764DE4A4109497614AC.qscstrfrnt03?produc...

http://shop.sportclic.com/images/DSCF0094.jpg

Dean Pugh

Why is the above considered spam?   

I have tried changing port to 587 and have finally been able to send info to the spam web page.  Hopefully they can correct this soon.  I never had this problem with Comcast.  Hope to resolve ASAP or will be canceling all my server with verizon.  Thanks for any suggestion!

0 Likes
Re: 50%+ Webmail & Outlook Sent messages blocked as spam in last week. HELP!!!
prisaz
Legend

How are you sending your Email?

Are you using outgoing.verizon.net?

If you are using a third party Email server on the port you indicated, the verizon dynamic IP address block my be backlisted or restricted from sending mail by spamhaus.You should send all your Email through outgoing.verizon.net or outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net depending on how your account is configured. Many ISPs have started blocking Email from dynamic IP addresses, even if you were not using verizon. If you use the verizon's SMTP server to send your mail, it should not be a problem. Your mail header will have verizon's server in it as the relaying sever in addition to your IP. Or you can use webmail of one type or another. I have MSN with the outlook connector and the mail also works.

0 Likes
dsabjp

Thanks for a quick response Prisaz.  For messages in Outlook, I'm using outgoing.verizon.net and have been dowing so since early this year.  Just this morning I tried sending the same Outlook message using Verizon's web mail page and still got it rejected.  I don'k know if it is something that my address got flagged as spam and Verizon took that as gosple without checking on it or something else.  I did finally get a message off to their spam monitor and sent along 8 attached messages that should show that none are actually spam.  Hopefully they correct the problem. Again, many thanks for your quick response.  Dean

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@dsabjp wrote:

Thanks for a quick response Prisaz.  For messages in Outlook, I'm using outgoing.verizon.net and have been dowing so since early this year.  Just this morning I tried sending the same Outlook message using Verizon's web mail page and still got it rejected.  I don'k know if it is something that my address got flagged as spam and Verizon took that as gosple without checking on it or something else.  I did finally get a message off to their spam monitor and sent along 8 attached messages that should show that none are actually spam.  Hopefully they correct the problem. Again, many thanks for your quick response.  Dean

I hope they get it worked out. I know I was sending email to Comcast addresses and everything was getting rejected until I contacted Verizon and Comcast. It took a about a day to get it fixed. It is a shame we are at the point you can not depend on email when it is so widely used.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The best way to resolve this issue is to send the message as an attachment to spamdetector.update@verizon.net so the message an be reviewed and the filters updated. Unfortunately, you won't get a response back about the status/result of this process. The filter is scanning the content of your message for anything that "looks" like spam.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try on your own:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

0 Likes