7 different stories, 5 hours wasted and I still have no service
Annoyed_in_VA

Here's the play by play

New Gigabit connection set for "install" Sun 1/14; I have my own equipment and learn that no one is actually coming; they just turn on service - sweet. 

Fri 1/12 - There is existing service at the house, that was never cancelled.  Person who holds that account called VZ on 1/12 to cancel.  VZ says cancellation cant be done before 1/16.  Will that affect the install on Sunday 1/14.  VZ says "nope, no problem!" (Lie #1)

Mon 1/15 - I call VZ to confirm my new service is up and running (since the old stuff wasnt technically cut off yet, I had no way to tell whose service I was using).  VZ rep tells me "Oh, you arent on yet bc the old one still is."  (contradiction #1 - friday VZ rep says no problem, today its now a problem)  Rep continues to say she HAS to put in the new install date of 1/22 but DONT WORRY I can call back and they can just turn it on remotely. 

Tues 1/16 - 4 hours on the phone and chat, spoke with 7 differeny people and got 7 DIFFERENT STORIES about whether it could be done and how it could be done.   I get 7 more lies and 7 more contradicting stories. 

Weds 1/17 - after 30 minutes on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone, the very nice rep starts to tell me SURE he'll take care of it.  Oh wait, someone has to be on site.  No wait, he cant do it bc its a gigabit, no wait he cant do it because they used to but now they cant (**bleep** does that even mean)

VERIZON YOURE PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING COMMITMENTS TO CUSTOMERS THAT THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF EVER FOLLOWING THROUGH ON - THIS IS BULL**bleep**

0 Likes
Re: 7 different stories, 5 hours wasted and I still have no service - VZ IS BULL**bleep**
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes