Actiontec GT784WNV WPS activation.
tomearly
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I go into my modems dashboard and attempt to enable the WPS button it takes me to a screen that says website not available and will not enable this feature. I purchased a Netgear WIFI  extender and in order for it to work on my network it uses the WPS function to connect. My old Actiontec GT784WNV modem had no problems enabling WPS.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Actiontec GT784WNV WPS activation.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the page is not working, you may need to try factory resetting the ActionTec.

All range extenders I've set up in the past support doing a manual connection. You normally need to join the extender's setup network, and then open a web browser to reach the web administration pages. From there, you'll be able to enter your network credentials manually rather than use WPS.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Since WPS is badly broken:

a) I do not recommend using it.

b) While the Netgear WIFI extender supports WPS, I find it hard to believe that it only supports WPS.

#2 There must be a way to get it to connect without using WPS. If you need help get it to connect without using WPS, it would help to know the model of that Netgear WIFI extender.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the page is not working, you may need to try factory resetting the ActionTec.

All range extenders I've set up in the past support doing a manual connection. You normally need to join the extender's setup network, and then open a web browser to reach the web administration pages. From there, you'll be able to enter your network credentials manually rather than use WPS.