Another $7.00 increase in bill
coffeesnob1

This is approaching sattelite internt costs. Why  the increase this time? My dsl fee has doubled in 4 years yet the service which is decent most of the time still isn't what it should be.  Aren't these rates regulated? What is everyone else paying.

0 Likes
Re: Another $7.00 increase in bill
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

DSL service is unregulated in terms of pricing and availability. Verizon is increasing rates because they can. No other valid reason behind it, unless there is investment in wired infrastructure that I don't know about.

steve1548

My internet bill increased by 7.00 with no explanation.......  why is this happening?

0 Likes
BillBillBill2

I just got the same thing, and figured I'd find out more information about the increase here in the forums than on my actual invoice.  My bill went up $7 as well, without any advance notice or explanation.  This has happened in the past, and the Verizon Help Desk woman told me that I was notified of such an increase in the PDF version of my invoice.  (Note: Not the web version of my bill, because having both say the same thing would just be too complicated!).  So I went through the past 3 months of the PDFs of my invoices, and guess what, no mention of an increase in service fees.  I reported that to the Help Desk, and the woman I was talking to replied that such a notice should have been in there, whoopsie.  This time around, I've again gone through the past 3 months of the PDF versions on my invoice, and once again, no advance notice.  Is this even legal?!  I highly doubt it is.

0 Likes