Any ideas on timing of shipments
rgillis-DC

We have been very loyal Wireless customers for about 2 decades now and are also FIOS customers.  I tried complaining to Executive team - but had a sperate issue I sent on Wireless today, and they make you wait 24 hours before you can send another complaint.

Is there a real timeframe on shipping quipment for a self-install?  We have been told the standard 3-5 business days - despite the fact that Verizon screwed up and forgot to ship.  And now that means at least 4 days with no service (and screw the TV, could care less about that), but I work remotely and no internet affects me.  Smiley Mad

Info is: 
We are changing apartments from one to another in the same building and other than the "so sorry", get no help from customer service. As the order shows, we called to inform we were switching apartments, and we were told we could not use the FIOS equipment in the new apartment, but due to the strike could do a self install in the new place. Boxes came THE NEXT DAY to return the old equipment.

However, as I found out this week, I called because we still had not received the new equipment, turns out there was no order for new equipment. But Verizon sure made sure to bill me (even today) for dates beyond my service cut-off. How do you order new service with self-install with NO EQUIPMENT??? After an apology I am told, I still can't use the equipment I have, I have to wait for new stuff to be mailed (no date given - just 3-5 business days) meaning that as of tomorrow I will have no internet or phone service when I turn off the old. I call today and am told the order is still "pending".

Sigh.

Yep, nothing until I someday get my new equipment, as of today that is still not shipped. This is beyond comprehension. You can ship a return package overnight, but you can't send needed equipment overnight, or even 2 day. 

So while I realize the forum can't fix the issue (and evidentally neither can Verizon), has anyone else a real timeframe on when equipment is shipped/recieved?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Any ideas on timing of shipments
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you did not do a move and did a  new account instead, that is why you can't use old equipment.

But you should be able to use old router.

And why not try the old stubs. If they work, you have TV service. If not, it hasn't cost you anything.

0 Likes