BBU box - beeps every 24 hours
AnthonyE2

Here is the situation. A few days ago the BBU beeped about 4 times I think a little past 3am. Every night since it has repeated this pattern at the same time (approx 3:15am). Service wise everything is working. Tv works, internet works, telephone works.

Here's the light pattern on the box.

top light pwr = solid

next light = off

next light = solid

next light = solid

next light = blinking

next light = off

next light = off

next light = off

next light = solid

next light = blinking

Is the battery going bad and needing to be replaced? Or does the once every 24 hours beeping mean something else?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: BBU box - beeps every 24 hours
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's probably going bad.

If you've had service for less then a year, or have verizon's premium tech support (pay service) then call them and they will send you a new battery free of charge.

If you've had fios service longer than a year, plan on buying a new battery.   www.battermart.com has them for $16.95  radio shack tends to be about 30-45 dollars   sears vary's but I've seen them try to sell that battery for 60 bux

Re: BBU box - beeps every 24 hours
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Try rebooting the system. **This will turn off all your services for a few minutes

Open the battery box and disconnect the battery

Then unplug the electrical plug

Wait 30 seconds

reconnect the electrical and wait for all services to return.

Once all the services are working again, then reconnect the battery.

This will completely reboot the service. If there is a timing glitch or just a bad connection at the battery, hopefully this will clear it. If not then I would call and see about getting the battery replaced if under the warranty.