Being a Verizon customer is a disadvantage if you want to switch to Internet only plan
xar

Hello All,

I am trying to wrap my head around this problem.

I curently have a FiOS Package but do not use TV or Phone. Verizon internet only plans for existing customers are more expensive than the packages.

So, my optin is to terminate my existing contract and go to another carrier, I get better speed and pay less

Why is being a verizon customer a disadvantage,shouldnt they actually offer more to existing customers?

Cheers,

Xar

0 Likes
Re: Being a Verizon customer is a disadvantage if you want to switch to Internet only plan
jonjones1
Legend

What you are missing is “you opted for a contracted service” which at the time suited your needs. Now you can break the contract and pay the termination fee so you can move on. Factor the cost of monthly service for the contract term remaining. Say it’s 16 months x $100 that is $1600 versus paying the $290 early termination fee. You save money. However if you leave for the other services don’t sign any contracts. Because they raise rates all the time also.

what amazes me that if you were trying to appeal to the retention’s department that it’s beneficial to try and lower the rates to keep you over losing thousands of dollars by watching you leave I find it not good business sense. 

But give it a try. 

0 Likes