Bill went up in Jan on contract?
Metorn

Hi, I've just recently signed up for 50/50 plan, 2 years, fixed price of $49.99 (till Oct 2020)

But only three month in and the price just went up $5. 
What's up with that?  Have you experienced something similar?

0 Likes
Re: Bill went up in Jan on contract?
jonjones1
Legend

I cannot view your photo. However this would be a guess on my part.

if you are internet only did you sign up for the $5 discount for auto pay?

if you look at your invoice read all of the pages, it should tell you why it increased.

if Verizon Fios raised it while in a contract you have the right to void out the service.

only thing to remember is an increase due to taxes. 

You should contact your states public utilities commission or public service commission via a google search. Call the toll free number and explain what has happened.

but first make sure it was not something that was contingent on service.

also is this internet only? Or tv and phone with internet.

0 Likes
Metorn

Interesting, indeed there is a line there stating that I have a 

"$5 24 Mo. Internet Contract Discount thru Oct 14, 2020", not sure if it's an autopay discount or something else.

And looks likes it went away for some reason in 2019

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

That discount is rolled into the price. It is not lost. However just subtract the $30 discount and the price is correct. I see there is no taxes so you have internet only.

the $49.99 is your correct price. It’s that $5 that is not listed as a discount from the price since it was already taken from the price.

your invoice is correct. You will see an increase in 2020 on the base package price.

$49.99 plus $5 which is $54.99 

0 Likes
Metorn

Just spent some 20 minutes looking with Verizon agent at my agreement and bill, and he was even more confused then I.
It is so ridiculous, that it's almost funny.  I wonder who was designing the discount system and what he was thinking...
You can check it out too:

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Metorn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes