Billing Complaint when Disconnecting Services
hokiette84

I disconnected Fios Internet services on March 15, 2017.  I returned my equipment March 22, 2017 and was informed (in person) that the bill would be pro-rated since I disconnected services in the middle of the month.  I received a final bill, but it was for the full months services of $75.59.  I contacted Verizon in the middle of April asking if the bill would be pro-rated and I was informed YET AGAIN that it was in fact NOT the final bill and it would be pro-rated.  I waited and waited and received a call that my bill is late.  I call again and was informed that there is no pro-rated bill for internet services.  Excuse me?!?!  I was informed that Fios internet services do not get pro-rated since taxes aren't charged.  Ummm, how about you support the customers that support Verizon and be fair with your billing.  During the time I had the services, the monthly fee went up by more than 65% within 3 to 4 years and was the slowest offering.

I am frustrated that I was told not only once, but TWICE that the bill would be pro-rated and then come to find out that its not pro-rated.  I had read and read and read the fine print and cannot find language regarding this policy.  I am diligent with paying my bills and did not want to have a collection issue on my hands so I went ahead and paid the bill, but I will continue to make this an issue.

I think it's ridiculous and insane that a company this large cannot pro-rate bills - especially for services that were not RENDERED or USED. 

One thing for sure, BBB will be contacted regarding this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Complaint when Disconnecting Services
jonjones1
Legend

@hokiette84 wrote:

I disconnected Fios Internet services on March 15, 2017.  I returned my equipment March 22, 2017 and was informed (in person) that the bill would be pro-rated since I disconnected services in the middle of the month.  I received a final bill, but it was for the full months services of $75.59.  I contacted Verizon in the middle of April asking if the bill would be pro-rated and I was informed YET AGAIN that it was in fact NOT the final bill and it would be pro-rated.  I waited and waited and received a call that my bill is late.  I call again and was informed that there is no pro-rated bill for internet services.  Excuse me?!?!  I was informed that Fios internet services do not get pro-rated since taxes aren't charged.  Ummm, how about you support the customers that support Verizon and be fair with your billing.  During the time I had the services, the monthly fee went up by more than 65% within 3 to 4 years and was the slowest offering.

I am frustrated that I was told not only once, but TWICE that the bill would be pro-rated and then come to find out that its not pro-rated.  I had read and read and read the fine print and cannot find language regarding this policy.  I am diligent with paying my bills and did not want to have a collection issue on my hands so I went ahead and paid the bill, but I will continue to make this an issue.

I think it's ridiculous and insane that a company this large cannot pro-rate bills - especially for services that were not RENDERED or USED. 

One thing for sure, BBB will be contacted regarding this issue.

I believe Verizon does not prorate internet. When you pay your invoice the length of time the payment is for is listed. If you use just one hour or day into this service month and then cancel, your service ends on the last day of that period.

this way you use the remaining time if you wish or you just cancel and lose the remaining time left. Many companies do this.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Complaint when Disconnecting Services
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hokiette84,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes