Can I connect two routers (via coax and ethernet) at the same time to the FIOS ONT?
Emil_Tee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I am planning to get rid of FIOS TV and do internet only. My current setup is ONT-->coax cabel --> actiontec router. I have a spare router (airport extreme) that I would like connected to the WAN port of the ONT and still continue to use the old actiontec router via coax. Would that work assuming Verizon enables the ethernet port?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I connect two routers (via coax and ethernet) at the same time to the FIOS ONT?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.  Only one WAN port at a time can be enabled on the ONT.

You can switch to Ethernet WAN and use any router you like.  Additional routers or access points can be connected to a LAN port on the primary router.  If your primary router is Verizon model, you can use MoCA LAN devices to provide wired and WiFi links in locations that only have coax.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I connect two routers (via coax and ethernet) at the same time to the FIOS ONT?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.  Only one WAN port at a time can be enabled on the ONT.

You can switch to Ethernet WAN and use any router you like.  Additional routers or access points can be connected to a LAN port on the primary router.  If your primary router is Verizon model, you can use MoCA LAN devices to provide wired and WiFi links in locations that only have coax.